Fireman Sam, the ultimate Hero Next Door, has launched a nationwide campaign to highlight the importance of keeping safe this summer, in partnership with Child Safety Week (6th-12th June); an annual initiative run by the Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT) to raise awareness of child-related accidents and how they can be prevented.
The campaign is aimed at teaching children and parents about summer safety including how to be safe around water while swimming and when stood near open flames at a barbeque. Fireman Sam has created a list of top ten summer safety tips just for you:
Fireman Sam’s Top Ten Summer Safety Tips
- Always walk when you are near a swimming pool, never run.
- Never push anyone into a swimming pool.
- If you are swimming in the sea, never turn your back to the sea – this will prevent you from seeing big waves coming towards you.
- Take care when paddling and swimming in the sea as the water can get deep very quickly.
- Always ensure you have a responsible adult with you when paddling and swimming in the sea.
- Always leave lighting a barbeque to a responsible adult.
- Ensure you keep your barbeque a safe distance from trees, bushes and anything else that may catch fire before lighting it.
- Make sure that your barbeque is placed on a flat surface so it stays in place once it’s lit.
- Always stand back from a barbeque and keep a safe distance whilst it is in use.
- Stand back from the edge of the platform at the railway station and never push anyone whilst on the platform.
To watch Fireman Sam’s Summer Safety Videos please visit the Fireman Sam Essential Safety Collection on the Fireman Sam YouTube channel:
We have been helping Max learn all about summer safety with the help of some Fireman Sam goodies.
For more information on Child Safety Week and to download the full range of free resources, go to: www.ChildSafetyWeek.org.uk.