It’s the first day of the half term holidays for us, and the kids are already looking for things to keep them busy.
So, this morning we have dug out the bag of Aero goodies and recipes that were sent to us by the lovely people at Aero and after some deliberation we decided to attempt the Chocolate Mint Aero Mousse.
Chocolate Mint Aero Mousse
120g Mint Chocolate Aero, broken into cubes
2 digestive biscuits, crushed
15g butter, melted
200g low fat natural yoghurt (or whipping cream)
1 egg white, whisked
1. Crush the digestive biscuits and add to melted butter and 1 crushed cube Mint Chocolate
Aero, mix well and place into the bottom of 4 shot glasses.
2. Reserve another piece of Mint Chocolate Aero for grating.
3. Place the remaining aero into a small bowl and microwave for 1 ½ minutes. (750w). Add the
marshmallows and microwave for another 30 seconds.
4. Whisk in ¾ of the yogurt and then fold in the whisked egg white.
5. Pour the mixture into shot glasses and leave to chill in the fridge.
6. Once set, top with the remaining yoghurt and sprinkle reserved grated Aero on top.
We changed the recipe ever so slightly as the children wanted to top them off with Aero bubbles instead of crushed Aero bar.
I have to say, we were pleasantly surprised! I have tried making chocolate mousse before and it has never turned out quite right, but this recipe was simple enough to make with the children and it turned out beautifully. It didn’t last long though as the kids wolfed most of it down after their lunch!