- Vegetable oil
- 400g sugar
- 225g butter
- 95g cocoa powder
- 45g ground coffee, or 30-50ml liquid coffee
- Half teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 175g plain flour
- 100g chocolate chips
- Grease a baking tray with the vegetable oil
- Mix sugar, butter, cocoa powder, coffee and and salt
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla essence, then fold in flour and chocolate chips
- Spread mix into the baking tray and bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Decorate as desired – maybe with chopped nuts, crystallised ginger or a coffee icing?
So, although I may not be a fan of drinking coffee, I am definitely a fan of baking with it. As I have said before, my husband is a huge coffee fan, in any shape or form, and he has recently been hinting about the rather fabulous looking Nespresso machine. I know he would love one for Christmas, and I wouldn’t mind too much either – it would look fabulous in my kitchen, and I do love the smell of freshly brewed coffee. I have discovered these fabulous Nespresso compatible pods from Caffe Cagliari, which I will definitely stock up on, so that when he gets his longed for Nespresso machine, he is good to go right away!