We love to bake, and as this weekend was a bit damp, we decided to make the most of our new Bigjigs baking sets and make some family favourite ginger biscuits.
- 350g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 100g butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 175 soft light brown sugar
- Put the flour and ginger into a bowl and rub in the butter
- Add the sugar, syrup and egg and stir to make a dough
- Roll out on a floured surface, then cut into desired shapes using pastry cutters
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake at 190 degrees fof 10-15 minutes
Gemma and Jacob have really enjoyed using the Bigjigs baking sets, they felt like ‘proper chefs’ with their own trays, cutters and oven gloves. As well as being great sets for real baking, they would also be perfect to use with playdough, or even salt dough as demonstrated by the lovely Joshua from The Olivers Madhouse.