A wooden play table is such a great investment when you have small children. They can be used for all sorts from train tracks and car ramps to drawing, painting and playdough. But all too often they are flimsy, don’t last long and are too big – taking up valuable space in our homes.
The Roar-a-Saur wooden play table from Plum Play is a little bit different. It’s much lower to the ground than your standard play table, which I think is perfect – if you watch children at play naturally, they always sit, kneel or squat, and this table is at the perfect height for this, suiting both Max and Jacob. It will also be ideal for Eliza to sit and play when she is a bit bigger. This also means it can be stored a lot more easily than other play tables – the Roar-a-Saur has wheels, and can be slid underneath a bed, freeing up more floor space when not in use. This is a HUGE selling point for us, and something that would make me choose this brand over any other.
The Plum Play Roar-a-Saur play table comes with a reversible top with one side featuring a zoo style scene and the other side a volcano setting. It also comes with 90 wooden play pieces – road and rail track, cars, trains, carriages, dinosaurs, signs, trees and buildings. This makes the opportunities for play endless, and the road and rail tracks can be connected up to your current sets if you want to expand the toy further.
So what are the best bits?
- The dinosaur bridge has been a huge hit with Max, and is by far his favourite part of the track. It’s a lovely twist on the classic track set up.
- The Roar-a-Saur wooden play table is really easy to build. Each part is labelled and Kevin had the whole thing put together in under 20 minutes.
- The height is a massive plus point for us. It’s the ideal level for small people to play, and the fact that it can be stored underneath a bed really makes it stand out from the crowd.
- The amount of extras included is another bonus – sometimes you buy items like this as gifts, only to find that your little one can’t play with it until you go out and buy accessories. With this table you get everything you need in one box.
- Longevity. This play table will last for years and years. It is so well made, and can be changed up by turning the table top, rebuilding the track and adding in your own toys. The table can also be cleared to use for arts and crafts or homework.
- Size and manoeuverability. The table is on wheels so can easily be moved around the room or put away for storage. I also think it is narrower than a lot of other play tables we have seen, which makes it ‘fit’ in our room better, leaving plenty of space for the children to walk around while still being big enough for them all to play together.
Is there anything we don’t like?
Honestly? No. There really isn’t. The children adore playing with it. I love the fact that it can be used for so many things and packed away after play. It’s easy to build, comes with everything you need to get going, and is very reasonably priced at £79.99. It would make an ideal Christmas or birthday gift, and will be used for years to come. Highly recommended!
If you love the look of this and know a little one who would enjoy the Roar-a-Saur play table, then I have just the giveaway for you. I have teamed up with Plum Play to offer one very lucky reader the chance to win one for themselves. All you have to do is enter on the rafflecopter form below – best of luck!
Terms and conditions: Giveaway is open to UK residents and closes on 09/12/15. Winner will be randomly selected from all correctly completed entries and contacted by email – they should claim their prize within 10 days or it may be redrawn. Prize supplied directly from Plum Play. More competitions at ThePrizeFinder