The children wanted to do some baking this weekend, and with it *almost* being December, what better thing to make than Christmas cookies?
- 175g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 275g plain flour
- Writing icing to decorate
- Cut the butter into small pieces, then add to a bowl with the flour and sugar
- Rub the butter between your fingers to make tiny crumbs
- Squeeze the crumbs together to make a dough
- Knead lightly, then place between 2 sheets of baking powder and roll out thinly
- Peel off the top piece of paper and cut out shapes – we used Christmas cutters but you can use whatever you like!
- Place on a baking tray, and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Once cooled – decorate to your heart’s desire!
A really simple recipe that is great for little hands. Why not give it a try?