- 110g butter or margarine
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 90g self raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder (we used chocolate orange)
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time
- Fold in flour and cocoa powder, adding a little milk until the mixture is a dropping consistency
- Spoon into 10-12 cake cases
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes
Once baked and cooled, we made the buttercream. We chose salted caramel, just because it sounded delicious! Just mix 250g butter and add the 500g bag of Sugar and Crumbs flavoured icing. Decorate…and enjoy!
These cakes were truly delectable. The chocolate orange cocoa powder really comes through, despite there only being a small amount in the mixture, and the salted caramel icing is just divine – smooth, sweet and very rich. Every single member of the family enjoyed these – even little Max had a taste!
Do you like making cakes? What is your favourite flavour?