I always think of pancakes as being a sweet treat – purely because we have always had them that way – with lemon and sugar, or with strawberries and icecream. But they can also make a fabulous savoury meal, and with the help of Jungle Dogs hot dogs we have experimented with our first savoury pancake filling.
- 110g flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 280ml milk
- butter for frying
- 200ml cheese sauce
- 6 Jungle dogs hot dogs, chopped
- sweetcorn, or any other cooked leftover veg
- grated cheese to top
- Sift together flour and salt
- Whisk eggs and milk in a separate bowl, then add to the flour mix and whisk together until smooth
- Heat the butter in a pan, then ladle in some of the pancake mix. Cook for 30 seconds – 1 min until golden underneath, then flip and cook the other side in the same way.
- Turn out onto a plate, then add the Jungle dogs, veg and a drizzle of cheese sauce
- Roll pancakes up, sprinkle with grated cheese and grill until golden! Yum!
Delicious savoury pancakes that are quick and easy to knock up in a few minutes, and my kids loved them! If you fancy giving it a go, Jungle Dogs can be bought in Asda for just £1.
How will you be cooking your pancakes tonight?
We were sent a pack of Jungle Dogs free of charge for review purposes, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.