It was only a very short time ago that I was packing my hospital bag, and now I am home with my gorgeous 13 day old baby girl. Since then, the baby hospital bag has been unpacked, and repacked for its daily role as a changing bag, equipped to deal with a newborn and a toddler.
So, 13 days down the line from the hospital, what’s in my bag? I unpacked today for the purpose of this post, to find:
- Red baby book – this has been in my bag since hospital so that it is always handy for midwife visits and weight clinics.
- Aldi Mamia baby wipes – an essential
- Pink Lining changing mat and wet bag – these came with the bag and have been used daily. The wet bag is perfect for nappies or dirty clothes.
- Bib – handy to have for feeding times.
- 2 x Tots Bots Easyfit nappies for Max. The bag needs to hold supplies for both Max and Eliza, and so there are always a couple of clean nappies in there.
- 3 x newborn disposable nappies for Eliza. She’s too small for cloth yet, so for now a handful of Tesco newborn nappies are always in the bag.
- Muslin cloth – good for a feeding cover up or for mopping up any baby sick!
- Clean vest – it’s always handy to have spare clothes for a newborn – you never know when there might be a nappy incident 😉
- Max’s juice cup and a snack bar – I never leave the house without supplies for him – snacks and juice have saved the day on many occasions!
- Keys, wallet, phone and sunglasses – this is literally all I carry for myself – how times have changed!
- A teacup and a Hot Wheels car – I don’t know why these are in my changing bag – I blame a child!
So that’s my average daily bag contents. All the things I need to get out of the house with a newborn and a toddler in tow – is there anything I have forgotten? What are your essentials? I’d also love to know what funny things you find in your changing bag? As well as a teacup and a toy car, I have found all sorts of things over the years. Just in the last week I have found:
- Max’s sunglasses and the remains of this very sticky cake – aren’t toddlers delightful?!
- A Tangled book and LeapReader pen
- 2 pots of half used bubbles
- A wooden train and a warning sign
- A Lottie doll, complete with wellies and raincoat
I wonder what I will find next week?!
* This is my entry into the Pink Lining Ambassador Search. *