It’s felt pretty wintry lately – which for many of us means a wardrobe overhaul. I really struggle to find items which are warm, cosy and comfortable but still fashionable. When I do find an item that works, it is definitely one I hang on to and bring out year after year!
My winter must-haves
- Warm, cosy pyjamas. As the temperature outside drops and the nights are frosty and cold, warm nightwear is a must. I love fleecey pyjamas, fluffy slippers and a towelling dressing gown for ultimate comfort.
- Winter socks. This is an item I invest in every year. We live in rural Devon, and wintry dog walks can really leave you with cold toes! Thermal socks really help, and make life much more pleasant.
- Coat. This is always a really tough one for me, finding something that is waterproof and yet still warm. I have come to the conclusion that I probably need 2 winter coats – a thermal, waterproof one for walking the dog, and a prettier, warm jacket for work and school runs. I love the range available at David Nieper – practical while managing to remain on trend.
- Hat, scarf and gloves. I love a set that matches, and I am a big fan of touch screen gloves too, so that I can still check my emails and answer messages while I am out and about.
- Boots. Again, I think I need a couple of pairs of winter boots. Wellies for the muddy dog walks, and a lovely pair of soft leather boots and jacket for everything else. I combine these with my thermal socks for ultimate warmth and comfort.
- Umbrella. This is England. As much as I would love to see some snow, rain is more likely.
I am on the look out for some pieces I can invest in now, which will see me through this winter and many more. I don’t mind replacing the smaller items, such as gloves and scarves, but I would like a coat and boots that really last. These items are definitely worth investing in, as the winters here are often long, cold and dreary – so we might as well make the most of it and dress to impress!
*This is a collaborative post*