No matter where you look these days, the media is full of images and stories relating to weight loss, diets and cellulite removal. Let’s be honest – sometimes it can just make you feel a little bit down. The sensible part of you knows that a lot of these images are heavily edited, and that crash diets just don’t work in the long term. But it can still make you feel bad about yourself. There are ways to boost your body confidence though, and you should definitely give some of them a go!
- STOP comparing. I know it’s hard, but try not to measure yourself against anyone else. We all come in different shapes and sizes, and that’s normal, and healthy. Wouldn’t it be boring if we were all the same? Do what makes you feel happy, whether that is treating yourself to that bar of chocolate or heading to the gym.
- Fake it. You might not feel great about your body, but if you pretend you do, that shines through. People see your confidence and positivity before they see your body shape, or the colour of your hair.
- Take a step back from social media. It can be a great tool, but it can also be pretty damaging. Stop comparing, stop worrying about what others are eating, wearing or doing, and don’t be sucked into the consumer adverts. You definitely don’t need all the weight loss, body glowing, hair strengthening kits you see advertised at every swipe.
- Buy the right bra. Sounds an odd one, but the right bra can make a HUGE difference to the way you carry yourself, and the way your clothes fit you. The comfortable Padded 8-in-1 Evolution Bra is practical, flattering and has a bonded construction that supports your unique shape without uncomfortable wires or seams.
- Get a medical check up. If you really feel that your body confidence is super low, then get an appointment with your doctor. They might just be able to reassure you that you are healthy, or they might offer some practical suggestions to improve your mental and physical wellbeing.
Above all, try and focus on the good stuff. Write a list of what you are thankful for, and you might just realise how beautiful you really are, inside and out!