Kiddy is one of the best known manufacturers of car seats in Germany, and they have now branched out into Kiddy UK. They provide car seats, strollers and accessories to many parents, and they pride themselves on their innovative designs and safety features.
We were recently asked to review some of their newest products – The Kiddy Click ‘n’ Move 3 pushchair and carrycot, and the Evolution Pro car seat.
We excitedly unpacked the boxes when they arrived, and were immediately hit by how striking the colours are. The car seat is in Hawaii Blue and is really eye catching, and the pram is Stone which is a very soft and appealing shade.
We were keen to try everything out straight away, so we started with the pushchair itself. Unfolding the chassis is very simple – you just open the locking bar on the frame, press and hold 2 buttons together and lift the handle bar upwards – the frame will lock into place.
Attaching the carrycot is even easier – it just clicks straight into the slots on the chassis.
- It is deep, spacious and well padded, meaning Max slept soundly in here, and it will last for a long time
- There are convenient carry handles on the carrycot, making it easy to lift off of the frame, or move around
- The hood is large and the mechanism moves smoothly and quietly, so it shouldn’t wake baby up. It offers great protection from the elements, and covers a large proportion of the carrycot
- The materials are soft and flexible, with a slight weatherproof coating – so if you get caught in a shower, your carrycot will not be ruined in the time it takes you to pop the raincover on! The covers are also machine washable – a big bonus in my book!
I have also had a really good play around with the chassis itself, and again, there are several things I would like to mention:
- The chassis is freestanding when folded – this is great for storage purposes
- The wheels seem strong and I like the spoke design
- It is not overly big when folded (dimensions 58 x 87 x 28cm) and it is lightweight at 5.8kg, making it easy to get in and out of the car
- The shopping basket is HUGE! Perfect for shopping, or for school bags etc, and it also zips closed, so you dont have to worry about things falling out, or getting wet in the rain.
- I found folding the chassis a bit fiddly. You have to press 2 buttons simultaneously, at the same time as pushing downwards on the handlebar. I found it a bit hard to reach the second button on the frame as I am not very tall, and you have to push the handlebar at just the right angle to get it to fold.
- The wheels can be swivel or locked, and it has good all round suspension so the ride is not bumpy!
- The brake pedal is large and very easy to operate – even in sandals
- The handlebar is height adjustable – although not in the usual way. This handlebar almost folds in half rather than telescoping in on itself, so you end up with a slightly different shape to the handlebar. It’s a great feature to have, especially if you will be sharing the pushing duty with little helpers…