Every year we like to make Christmas muffins at this time of year – ideal for packed lunches and much more child friendly than a slab of Christmas cake!
- 300g plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon ground ginger
- 125g dark muscovado sugar
- 200g mixed dried fruit
- 75g butter
- 3 eggs
- 150ml milk
- Mix together flour, baking powder, spices, sugar and dried fruit.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the eggs and milk.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases, and bake at 200*C for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and decorate as you would like! We spread a little jam on the top, then add marzipan shapes to the top.
A lovely, quick and simple alternative to traditional Christmas cake, and lovely for lunchboxes or just a snack!
What is your favourite thing to make at Christmas?