Today on the blog I have a delicious recipe, thanks to Angela at The Life of Spicers. This is the sort of food we love to cook and eat – healthy, delicious and fairly simple, using store cupboard ingredients!
Mince is a staple ingredient in our house due to the cost and the variations you can create with just a pack of plain looking mince. My 7 year old doesn’t really enjoy eating it, but as it features on our meal plan at least once a week, I try to make it exciting and different for her each time.
With courgettes growing in the garden, I was planning on adding one to my mince and making a pasta bake. Once I had started cooking the mince however, I realised we didn’t have any pasta, so substituted for rice instead. So here we go with Pork Mince Rice Bake.
- Pork mince
- Tomato puree
- Water / stock cube
- Onion, chopped
- Choice of vegetables, chopped. (I used courgette, green beans and mushrooms)
- Cooked brown rice
- Grated cheese
- Brown the mince with onion and garlic
- Add the stock or water mixed with tomato puree
- Add the chopped vegetables
- Allow to simmer whilst rice is cooking according to packet instructions
- Drain rice
- Add rice to pan with remaining ingredients, stir and transfer to an oven proof dish
- Sprinkle with cheese and grill for ten minutes until melted.
- Serve and enjoy!