Those of you who have read my blog for a while will be familiar with the Degustabox subscription service. I have reviewed a few of their boxes over the last few months, and today I am sharing the October box with you.
So what’s in the box?
- Brioche Pasquier pains au lait and brioche loaf. My kids love brioche, they would eat it all day long if I let them, and so this was a welcome addition to our box. The pain au lait have small chocolate chips in which makes them a real treat for the kids, and the brioche loaf works well toasted, or as a base for cooking. A bread and butter pudding would be nice too I think!
- Dr Oetker extra dark chocolate and extra dark cocoa powder. I am a huge dark chocolate fan, and I am really looking forward to using these ingredients to bake with – I am thinking a chocolate fudge cake…?
- Bear strawberry and apple fruit pieces – perfect for the kids lunchboxes, shame there was only one pack!
- Bear Alpha Bites cereal. This is one of those cereals that I thought the kids would enjoy, but they aren’t keen. Having tried them myself, I have to agree – they are a bit dry and bland.
- Enhance drinks. A teeny tiny squeezy pot that makes 32 drinks of water into an orange and passionfruit flavoured option. I really struggle to drink water, so this is great for me, and I have really enjoyed using it. It’s ideal for chucking in your bag when you’re out and about too!
- Blue Dragon sweet chilli sauce. We love sweet chilli, and so this was another great addition to our cupboard. We have used it with chicken noodle so far, and I plan to also use it in stir frys and to spice up classic dishes such as spaghetti bolognese or lasagne.
- Kent’s Kitchen bengal meal kit. I love trying new flavours and cuisines, and have never cooked Bengal, so we are looking forward to trying this out. It contains Bengal curry paste, a curry spices pot and infused garlic oil – you just need to add coconut milk and meat.
- Solo toasted marshmallow creme. This pot comes with a recipe on the back to make toasted marshmallow fudge, which we intend to try this weekend. I am not sure what else you would use it for, although the pot does also suggest smores. It’s a strange product this one, but I can see the kids enjoying the fudge.
- Jelly Belly sours jelly beans. If you like sour sweets then you will love these – they are very, very moreish and the bag didn’t last long at all!
- Special K cracker crisps. Again, these are very delicious, and far too easy to eat! A healthier alternative to crisps if you like to snack.
- Degustabox fridge – a voucher for a free pack of Benecol yogurts. We tried the fruit medley flavour, and they were amazing – thick, creamy and packed full of flavour. We will definitely buy those again.
Overall? Another winning box. There is nothing in here that we wouldn’t use, apart from the Bear cereal – however, this was only a small sample sized box so we didn’t waste a lot. We have been introduced to some new brands, and some new flavours that we might not have otherwise experienced.
Would you like to try a Degustabox yourself? If so, then I have a competition just for you! The lovely Degustabox folks have offered one of my readers the chance to sample the November Degustabox for themselves – and all you have to do to enter is fill in the rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
Terms and conditions – Competition ends on 19/11/14. Entrants must be over 18 and resident in mainland UK (excluding Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands and Islands). Winner will be selected from all correctly completed entries and contacted by email. If winners details are received by Degustabox by 20/11/14 they will receive the November Degustabox, details received after this date will receive the December box. Prize supplied directly from Degustabox. Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com