It’s been said that the kitchen is the heart of the home, and many of us will have great memories of baking with our mums when we were younger. It’s also a fun activity you might have now taken part in with your own young children, or something you plan to do in the future.
Making cupcakes and biscuits, or mixing melted chocolate into a bowl of cornflakes and dashing on too many sprinkles, is a great introduction to the world of baking for younger audiences, and there is nothing better than being handed the chocolate or frosting covered spoon to enjoy once you’re done (even as an adult)!
As we grow up, what nicer way is there to say thank you to mum for those happy moments spent messing up the kitchen with flour and buttercream than by baking something special for her? You might have recreated the cupcakes from your youth as a gift on Mothers Day, decorated a birthday cake with fondant icing and gathered the family round as she blew out the candles, learned to model roses from flower paste together, or baked her a Victoria Sponge and took it round one Sunday afternoon, just because.
Share your Moments with Mum with us
These are the Moments with Mum that we’d love you to share with us, and you could be in with a chance of winning some fantastic prizes:
- First prize – A Pamper day at Bannatyne Spas for Two (31 locations across the UK)
- Second prize (2 chances to win) – Traditional Afternoon Tea for Two (36 locations across the UK)
How to enter the competition
- Find or take your favourite photos of ‘Moments with Mum’, such as a cake you’ve made for her or made together, baking-in-action shots, or a special Mothers Day spent together.
- You can also enter photos of baking moments spent with your own children or kitchen creations that you have made with them, or a photo of a special cake or moment with your grandmother.
- Share your photos with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by midnight on Monday 16th March (we’ve given you an extra day in case you’re making a surprise cake for Mothers Day this year). You can find more details of how to enter, and where to share your moments here.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants and winners must be aged 18 or over and be residents of the United Kingdom. Adults may enter on behalf of those under the age of 18.
- The promotion is not open to employees (or their immediate families) of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- Entries must be submitted as a photograph through Renshaw’s social media pages; Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight on Monday 16th March 2015.
- Winners are chosen at Renshaw’s discretion.
- Renshaw reserve the right to feature competition entries on the renshawbaking.com website and in Renshaw Baking communications.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. It cannot be sold or given to an alternative party.
- All entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions are subject to English law. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com