Over the last few months we have been introducing Max to the idea of potty training. Although he’s not quite there yet, we have definitely made some big leaps forward – he is happy to sit on the potty, he can pull his own pants up and down, he knows what the potty is for and where it lives and he happily washes his hands after a trip to the bathroom.
I have found the following 5 products a really big help on our potty training journey so far, and we will be utilising them a lot in this New Year to say goodbye to nappies and hello to big boy pants!
5. Huggies Pull-Ups. These are specifically designed to make potty training easier – a halfway step between nappies and pants. We have been using these for a few months now, and they have been great for teaching Max how to pull down pants. He is also gradually learning about the picture on the Pull-Ups, that will disappear when wet. He isn’t keen on that happening – so we are hoping this will start encouraging him to become dry! The new Learning Liner inside Huggies Pull-Ups allows toddlers to feel wetness for a few moments, before quickly drawing the moisture away. That way they learn the difference between wet and dry and can ultimately stay dry on their own.
4. Personalised potty training book and sticker chart. This set from Penwizard has been a lovely gentle way to introduce the idea of potty training to Max, and he loves the fact that his name features throughout. The sticker chart is also personalised – and we all know how much toddlers love stickers!
3. My Carry Potty. The perfect solution for a day out with a potty training toddler. This potty folds up and has a handle for easy storage and transportation, and means you always have a toilet handy, even if you are in the middle of nowhere!
2. Huggies on the go baby wipes – these come in a refillable little pouch so you can take them with you everywhere – perfect for potty training as well as cleaning up hands and faces on a day ouSplash mat. We have one from Mothercare and it’s perfect for putting underneath the potty in case of any accidents. It also doubles up as a great mat for weaning, messy play or carpet picnics.
1. Splash mat. We have one from Mothercare and it’s perfect for putting underneath the potty in case of any accidents. It also doubles up as a great mat for weaning, messy play or carpet picnics.
Have you tackled potty training yet? Which items couldn’t you live without?