Last week I showed you how to make a Christmas fingerprint wreath – perfect for decorations or Christmas cards. This week, we have been making Christmas inspired stained glass pictures.
- Black card or paper
- Selection of coloured tissue paper
- String or ribbon for hanging
How to make it:
- Cut the black paper or card into your desired base shape – we chose a circle.
- Draw your cut out design lightly in pencil, then cut out. Don’t make it too complicated – simple, block shapes work best!
- Rip tissue paper into different sized pieces, then stick them to the reverse of the picture so that all the cut out shapes are covered
- Make a hole in the top of your picture, and thread with string or ribbon so you can hang it up!
This is such a simple craft, and works anyime of year, not just Christmas! You could make candle and present shapes for birthdays, or Easter eggs and chicks at Easter time. Little ones love to be involved with the tissue paper ripping and sticking, and the effect when hung in the window or held up to a light is just beautiful.